- Google developed as a hyper textual search engine
- Google has a respect and passion for editorial integrity and returns a set of results (usually ten) to the end user upon entry of a search query.
- Google has developed an algorithm to filter results into a digestible format for the end users and strives to make these the best and most accurate returns that it can.
What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) ?
- The field of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is concerned with maximising the visibility and profitability of a website / online offering by making its listings appear more frequently and more prominently in the natural (right hand side) search results.
The Value of Natural Rankings
- Perception is of an established, reputable business.
- Significantly higher convertibility and brand strength
- Difficult to attain and thus drives a tactical and long term advantage once secured
- Not appearing in the natural listings benefits your competitors, who will receive the organic traffic.
If the above is of interest to your business please Click here to speak to one of the SEO team for an informal discussion.
MAIN AREAS TO CONSIDER FOR SEO PURPOSES.
- On-page content (text)
- Keyword density
- Relevant and informative pages of content
- Articles that speak informatively upon the subject matter you are seeking to rank for
- Fresh and up to date information that keeps your site interesting to Google and the public
- “Long tail” word combinations – ie. capturing traffic from wider terms which are often less competitive but more convertible
- Title tag – Very important
- Meta description – Important
- Meta tag (keywords) – significantly Less important (right-click to View Source on a web page)